Welcome to the St George Place Community!
We have collected some basic information that you should know.
- School hours are 7:30am – 2:45pm
- Doors open at 7:05am for students to walk to the multi-purpose room
- First bell rings at 7:20am at which time students will walk to their classrooms
- Tardy bell will ring at 7:30am
- Dismissal is at 2:45pm
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
- All students are able to be dropped off in the carpool lane at the front or the back.
- Back entrance is for car drop off only and available until 7:25am.
- Front carpool is available until 7:30am.
- Parents who wish to walk their student to the door can ONLY walk up at the FRONT Hidalgo St entrance.
- Parents are not allowed to drop off students in the middle of any moving traffic lanes. Parents are required to come through the carpool lane, or park in a designated parking spot before letting their child out of the vehicle.
- Carpool – PreK, Kinder, 1st grade and 5th grade (Stevens, Heinrich, Kemple only) will be picked up from the BACK entrance. The carpool lane can only be accessed driving North on McCulloch Cir and turning right into the school’s back lot. When exiting the Back carpool lane you will be able to turn right only.
- Carpool – 2nd-5th grade (Johnson only) will be picked up from the FRONT Hidalgo St entrance. The carpool line enters in the circle drive at the front of the school. Once the line fills up on Hidalgo St it will wrap around onto Yorktown St.
- School issued car tags must be displayed to pick up student in carpool lane.
- Walkers will be dismissed at the walker gate on the Hidalgo St side of the school.
Early Pick Up:
- Any early pick up must be done before 2:00pm.
Uniform shirts may be purchased online or at the PTO store when a volunteer is present.
Monday – Thursday:
- Navy blue polo shirt or navy blue polo dress
- Dark Green polo shirt
- St George IB learner profile shirt (any color) or any grade-level specific spirt shirt
- Khaki bottoms
- Grade-level specific spirit shirt
- Khaki bottoms or jeans
- Mandatory – Grade-level specific spirit shirts must be worn on all field trips.
Lunch: Students have the option of bringing a lunch or eating a lunch provided by the school. For the 2022-2023 school year HISD is offering all students free breakfast and lunch.
Joining your student for lunch: At this time parents are not able to join their student for lunch.
Communication: Below are the primary ways our school and PTO communicates with families:
-School Call Outs. The principal will do call outs periodically to inform families of happenings going on our campus. Make sure your phone number is always up to date with the school.
-PTO emails. The PTO will send out information to our email list. Make sure you sign up to receive our emails. You can sign up to receive our emails on the home page of the PTO website or text SGPPTO to 22828.
-Social Media. Find us on Facebook. School at St George Place PTO